Holy Week Safety Tips
This Holy Week, your safety is our concern. Minimize stress and stay safe and secure when you travel by public transport by observing these simple tips:
1. Before leaving your house, make sure all electric appliances are unplugged, the gas turned off, and all doors and windows are locked if necessary.
2. Pack light, and try not to bring too many bags and items.
3. Don’t wear expensive jewelry or bring large amounts of money. Keep watch over your mobile phone.
4. Be early at terminals, airports and seaports especially in the case of women, children and senior citizens.
5. Never leave your valuables unattended.
6. If you see a suspicious package, or someone acting suspiciously, notify authorities, or the nearest Police Assistance Post.
7. Be wary of snatchers and petty thieves, and report incidents to the nearest Police Assistance Post.
In case of emergencies, here are some hotlines to call:
National Disaster & Risk Reduction & Management Council (NDRRMC):
(02) 911-1406, 912-2665, 912-5668, 911-1873, 912-3046
TRUNKLINE: (02) 911-5061 to 64
RED CROSS Hotline:
143, (02) 527-0000, 527-8385 to 95
DILG Hotline: 117
Text Helpline: 2299